So I had a couple of days of annual leave to use up before the end of the Academic Year (which starts on 1st October) so I took Thursday and Friday off work with no particular plans. Yesterday (as some of you on Facebook already know) I:
- Had a lie-in
- Received maternity clothes from a nice lady online in the post
- Sorted all my clothes into charity, still-fits and put-away-for-later
- Tidied the bedroom
- Put together a bag of stuff to put out for charity tomorrow morning
- Wrote to Greater Anglia about train tickets
- Made my list of books and have takers for quite a few!
- Did some washing
- Had a nice lunch
- Did a bit of knitting after tea
Today was almost equally useful:
- Got up as early as usual for no particularly good reason
- Remembered to put the charity bag out in time for collection
- Cycled into town and back
- Picked up, and tried on my online maternity clothes shopping in New Look and Next
- Returned the items which didn't fit - getting a £28 refund
- Had a delivery from Ocado and ranted about them sending me free things I don't want
- Had another nice lunch - a real jacket spud done in the oven!
- Baked some buns!
Does anyone want a bottle of Sweet Freedom sugar substitute? Made from apples, grapes and carob apparently!
Anyway, buns. OK so the recipe calls them "The Hummingbird Bakery's Dark Chocolate Cupcakes" but they are blatantly buns. Only made 2/3 quantity of icing ("frosting") and used 72% cocoa chocolate on top rather than a mix of 70%/85%, but I have to say they look pretty good. I admit I did completely forget I wasn't supposed to lick the spoon when the cake mix has raw egg in it though! Mmmm.