I've wittered about it a bit in assorted comments and in person to a few people, so I figure I might as well mention it here. Mike and I have had an offer accepted on a house in Great Shelford. No idea how long it'll take to get to exchange (at this rate forever, we've been waiting a week for the mortgage application paperwork to arrive, and I've been told today they only posted it yesterday!) and until then I'm not counting my chickens, but still, we're cautiously excited.
I'd link you to the details but they've already pulled them from rightmove. 3 bedrooms. Concrete construction but very recently converted with a brick skin and cavity insulation with a 10 year guarantee. Very good decorative order throughout. 5 minutes from the station, but within cycle commuting distance for both of us. And with nice views over fields. The only snag is not enough garden and a new house going up next door, but you can't have everything.
If the paperwork doesn't arrive tomorrow though I think I will probably explode.