While I'm understandably getting increasingly excited about moving there is still more to my life than packing boxes, buying furniture and sorting out gas bills. Last week was surprisingly busy.
- Monday: Mike had the day off, so we had lunch in town for a change which was nice. Hadn't been to Tatties in ages. Like what they've done with it.
- Tuesday: Pancakes! Chicken and pesto, smoked salmon and cream cheese, chilli and cheese, sugar and lemon. Yum.
- Wednesday: NME Indie Rave tour. Just caught the end of New Young Pony Club. Enjoyed Sunshine Underground but think they'd be better as just plain Indie. CSS were brilliant and barking mad. Klaxons were better than I expected and I really enjoyed them.
- Thursday: Met atommickbrane after work for mojitos (virgin in my case) at the (Red) Cow. Gossip about jobs and interviews and knitting mostly. Then had a quick drink in the Pickerel with Mike before joining more people from Hexcel for Javi's leaving do at Teri Aki, which was nice once they'd managed to find a big enough table - it seems just booking in advance is not enough.
- Friday: Quiet night in watching Dungeons and Dragons (the kids TV series) on DVD, I think one disc worth at a time is more than enough.
- Saturday: Lazy morning, then went to see Hot Fuzz at the cinema, which was a complete giggle. Then dinner out, before heading to the Prince Regent for birthday drinks with Tracy (ex-Hexcel) and another selection of the Hexcel crowd. They're a nice lot.
- Sunday: OK Sunday I did entirely spend packing, I admit it.