What I did this year.
Cycled Oxford to Cambridge. Ascended in nethack :-) Learned to ballroom dance. Knitted socks.
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Mainly I resolved to be lighter by the end of the year than the beginning. I have failed in this, but at least I'm not significantly heavier. I don't know if I'll make any for next year.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes! Well, fairly close. Many congrats to Rachel and Tony and Charles
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Not to me, but Mike's gran did.
5. What countries did you visit?
None. Well, I visited *bits* of England.
6. What would you like to have next year that you lacked this year?
Motivation at work, though that's come and gone a bit.
7. What dates from this year will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
It's mostly been the anniversaries of dates from last year actually :-)
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Cycling Oxford to Cambridge, and all the rides leading up to it. Getting made permanent at work.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Losing weight :-)
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Cut my finger open needing superglue in February. Came off the bike in June but that was just bruises. No significant illness.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
My bike probably. Other good things include my new computer, fab skirt at Whitby, and lots and lots of gig tickets.
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
Mike's, he's a complete and utter star.
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
14. Where did most of your money go?
The mortgage, gigs and festivals, computer, bike, CDs, eating out.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
My sister's wedding next year!
16. What song will always remind you of this year?
Right now I'd say Adam and Joe, the Footie song. My favourite song of the year is probably the Holloways with Generator, but I don't know if it'll always make me think of this year.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder?
b) thinner or fatter?
c) richer or poorer?
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Again spending time with friends. They've been rather neglected for quiet nights in, must make more effort.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Can't think of much.
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
At home with my mum and dad, with sisters joining us on Christmas Day and Boxing Day respectively.
22. Did you fall in love this year?
23. How many one-night stands?
24. What was your favourite TV program?
Strictly Come Dancing
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
No, I still don't hate anyone.
26. What was the best book you read?
Nick Hornby, A Long Way Down.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
28. What did you want and get
Lots of lovely time with Mike and family.
29. What did you want and not get?
There are quite a lot of CDs I have resisted buying and won't think about until after Christmas :-)
30. What was your favourite film of this year?
Good question. Watch V for Vendetta on DVD yesterday, that was excellent.
What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Party the previous night, dinner out with Mike that evening, celebrated anniversary as well as birthday. 31. [this seemed to be missing when I cut and pasted and I only noticed when re-reading 2003!]
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Nothing I can think of. Being thinner maybe.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept this year?
Too much neon pink.
34. What kept you sane?
Mike, knitting, 6music.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Kate Winslet if I have to pick one.
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
I've been very apathetic, but I'm disappointed about the decision to buy a new generation of nukes.
37. Who did you miss?
Ernie a bit, but not too much.
38. Who was the best new person you met?
Erm, not sure I met many new people. Mike's friends.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned this year:
Um. To enjoy the simple things in life I guess, but I kinda knew that already.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year: