Does this lot for approx 230 quid inc vat sound sensible?
- Abit UL8 939 5.1 Sound/LAN onboard
- AMD Athlon64 3000 Venice Retail Socket 939
- Kingston 512MB DDR PC3200 Non-ECC DIMM
- Microsoft Windows XP Home OEM SP2
80GB Maxtor DiamondMAX+10 133/7200
- 200GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.7 8MB
(My motherboard died, if I'm replacing it should do memory/cpu at same time, and I'd quite like a working Windows at not *too* expensive and am thinking of switching to Ubuntu to give it a try and don't have a huge amount of disk so....)
Edit: Perhaps bigger disk, brings price up a little to 250 quid, and at least one person recommends avoiding Maxtor.
NB: Windows is *not* going to be my day-to-day OS, this machine will be running either Debian or Ubuntu 95% of the time or more.