What I did this year
1. What did you do this year that you'd never done before?
Have someone sit on my shoulders at a gig.
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Can't even remember them, and yes.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have next year that you lacked this year?
Willpower for dieting. Job satisfaction.
7. What dates from this year will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
None, I seem to be crap at dates at the moment. I'll remember when I met Mike because it was the night before my birthday :-)
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not managing to save things with Ernie before it was too late.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Colds, nothing worse.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
My lovely corset at Whitby.
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
rjk's for putting up with me.
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
14. Where did most of your money go?
Gigs and festivals and travel to them.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
XFM Winter Wonderland.
16. What song will always remind you of this year?
The Killers: Glamourous Indie Rock and Roll
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder?
b) thinner or fatter?
c) richer or poorer?
Much the same, ie a little broker than I should be
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Spending time with friends
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Crying over things that can't be fixed
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
I spent it with my family
22. Did you fall in love this year?
23. How many one-night stands?
24. What was your favourite TV program?
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
26. What was the best book you read?
Margaret Atwood, Oryx and Crake
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
28. What did you want and get
Shiny glowy pink hedgehog poi!
29. What did you want and not get?
The We Are Scientists album, but that's OK, I'll buy it for myself.
30. What was your favourite film of this year?
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Work being better.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept this year?
34. What kept you sane?
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
The overreactions to the London bombings
37. Who did you miss?
38. Who was the best new person you met?
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned this year:
Nothing lasts forever
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year: