Last week was really quiet, mostly due to being ill. I barely left the house except for work on Wednesday and Friday, not even at the weekend. This week after a quiet night on Monday I seem to be trying to make up for it.
So far I've had a lovely dinner round at Col and Kirsten's with Owen, followed by a good game of scrabble which Owen won but which was close enough to be unembarrassing. Menu as follows:
Cream of onion soup, with crusty bread rolls
Cottage pie with salad
Rice pudding served with home made preserves (OK, and toffee syrup)
Then last night was the gig I just reviewed. In the process we bought some more gig tickets, so it looks like the next few days go:
- Thursday: Macbeth and The Threepenny Opera, at the ADC.
- Friday: Rick's 30th birthday party in London.
- Saturday: Evening of rest.
- Sunday: Ladytron at APU.
- Monday: Queen Adreena at the Junction.
- Tuesday: Evening of rest.
- Wednesday: Magic Numbers at the Junction.
After this I think I will collapse in a small heap, but it will be worth it.