What I did this year
1. What did you do this year that you'd never done before?
Took long term sick leave.
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't think I can remember any from last year. This year I have vague goals instead of specific resolutions. I will lose some weight. I'll keep getting on better at work and get back to full time. I'll improve my finances.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Schoolfriends Phil and Cathie had a little boy called Dylan.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
Haven't even made it to Scotland or Wales this year, never mind anywhere not on Great Britain.
6. What would you like to have next year that you lacked this year?
7. What dates from this year will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Only thing I can remember happening on a specific date this year is my first date with Mike, Wednesday July 14th. I suspect I won't be forgetting it any time soon either. Lots of other great memories but I remember them for what they were, rather than when.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I don't really know to be honest. I suppose getting back to work really after over 5 months off, but it doesn't feel that big.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not keeping in touch with friends better. Often is.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Depression, and mad indigestion, but otherwise I've been fairly well.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Ordered CDs and books from Amazon yesterday. Before that a magazine on the train. It seems wrong that the January issue should have a countdown to Christmas in it. But more and more the date on the cover has nothing at all to do with reality.
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
No-one has stuck out in particular, but lots of my friends have been wonderful.
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
Mine. And sometimes some of my friends but well, I don't like to say so.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Music. Glastonbury, Reading, various gigs since and lots of CDs. Apart from that it's mostly gone into the house account for rent and food and so on.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
My birthday party - making up for last year. Glastonbury and Reading. Mike. I'm already excited about Terrorvision in March next year.
16. What song will always remind you of this year?
The Darkness, I believe in a thing called love.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder?
b) thinner or fatter?
c) richer or poorer?
Poorer, but hopefully that will improve soon.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Making myself miserable trying to reconcile friends who just can't get on with each other.
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
*ahem* bit late here. Spent it with family at my mum and dad's in a very traditional sort of way.
22. Did you fall in love this year?
Yes. Very much.
23. How many one-night stands?
None, I think.
24. What was your favourite TV program?
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
I don't hate anyone.
26. What was the best book you read?
Probably the best I read which was new to me was Welcome to the world baby girl, by Fannie Flagg. I've mostly been reading light-hearted rubbish, but enjoying it.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Probably the Detroit Cobras, though more fun was watching my mum discovering them too.
28. What did you want and get
To feel happier. Various CDs.
29. What did you want and not get?
To be thinner. The rest of the amazon wishlist :-) I'm working on it!
30. What was your favourite film of this year?
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
I can't think of anything.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept this year?
Not fitting very well. I guess the main thing is the brightly coloured hair.
34. What kept you sane?
Mike, Richard, Music.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Um. Can't think of anyone.
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
Probably the american election. Not been very stirred, and feel vaguely guilty about it.
37. Who did you miss?
Janet. Not seen anywhere enough of her this year.
38. Who was the best new person you met?
Ned's girlfriend Beth.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned this year:
Have I? Do I ever?
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year: